A BIG SECRET: Since this peel is pricey…please sign up for GROUPON, and you’ll get a dramatic discount once groupon posts it as a special…This is how i paid for it by keeping up w/Groupon and I caught a deal for $149!! Okay below are some VI Peel FAQ’s and besides that..enjoy the show. And thanks for watching, subscribing, sharing, etc.
What is a VI Peel?
A VI Peel is a medium depth chemical peel, consisting a unique blend of five acids. In a little over a week, patients will see a reduction in fine lines, decreases acne scarring, reduce hyperpigmentation, and a refreshed appearance. *
How does the VI Peel work?
The VI Peel will gently remove the top layers of unhealthy, dead skin. This allows newer, healthier skin to show, leaving a brighter, firmer, younger looking appearance. The VI Peel will also encourage the body’s natural Collagen production, further smoothing and plumping the skin. *
How is a VI Peel performed?
- Consultation w/your esthetician to verify the VI Peel is adequate for your skin care needs
- Schedule an appointment to have the VI Peel done. Your esthetician will go over the procedure process w/you prior to applying the peel solution. (The pre-consultation takes the longest since your esthetician will want to make sure he or she is thorough in answering questions you may have)
- Next the peel is then applied taking a total of 10 minutes.
- Patient is able to return home after the peel is applied and accompanied by post-peel instructions & take home care kit.
- The peel must remain on the skin for at least 4 hours before being washed off.
- Specific products will be sent home with patients that will need to be immediately applied, assisting the peeling process. SPF 50 sunscreen & moisturizer should be worn daily to protect the skin as it heals, if instructed during your consultation with your esthetician.
How long will a VI Peel take?
The VI Peel itself only takes 10 minutes to apply in the office. The pre-consultation is the one that may take longer; depending on the questions you may have. So just be prepared for at least 30 minutes total in office.
Am I a good candidate for a VI Peel?
The ideal candidate for a VI Peel will be a patient looking to improve their appearance and reverse the early signs of aging, but is unwilling to commit to the long recovery period associated with traditional deep Chemical Peels. The VI Peel is safe for all skin tones and ethnicities. *
What areas can be treated with the VI Peel?
A VI Peel is safe for the face, neck, hands, and body.
Is a VI Peel painful?
The VI Peel is not painful; combined with a numbing ingredient, discomfort is reduced. Patients may feel a warm, tingling sensation for the first two to three minutes of application, but this will quickly subside. And if needed your esthetician will provide you w/a fan during the process.
What can I expect from the recovery after a VI Peel?
Patients should expect the recovery from a VI Peel to take about seven days. After the first two to three days, the skin will begin to peel, lasting up to four days. Initially, the skin may be red and slightly swollen, but this will quickly fade. Remember your instructions from your initial appointment, call your esthetician if needed, and where moisturizer to aid in the healing process.
Can I wear makeup after my VI Peel?
Makeup should not be worn until skin has fully healed (about seven days after treatment). Moisturizer can be worn, however, to minimize the feathery appearance of the peeling process.
Will my VI Peel need to be repeated?
Normally patients are encouraged to do a series of four VI Peels, at three week intervals, for optimal results. The exact number of treatments required will depend on each patient’s individual skin and the level of correction needed.
How much will a VI Peel cost?
On average, the VI Peel will cost between $250 and $400. The VI Peel is virtually being offered everywhere now and this will all depend on the facility itself.
Are there any discounts for the VI Peel?
Feel free to keep up to date w/ Groupon and Living Social. Also get on the mailing lists of your specific skin care facility and see there monthly in house specials. Once again I would call the facility itself.
Nivika Med Spa – Gambrills, MD area