Like the title says I’m bored on this gloomy friday, a couple days before St. Patrick’s day, but I got plenty of alcohol to utilize 🙂 I’m hungry and my thinking couch is helping me once again! Who dosen’t like Shepard’s pie?! It’s like a pot pie but better and it’s a comfort food for days like this. Let’s get started on making mini pies, we can freeze them for later, and take these for quick lunches on the go.
Ingredients For: Crust and Filling
- Large muffin tray
- YOUR CHOICE 1 bag – frozen mashed Potatoes or 1 box – instant mashed potatoes or 1 bag – fresh potatoes to turn into mashed potatoes (you won’t use entire bag though)!
- 1 1/2 cups – Mixed vegetables fresh or frozen bag (Allow to thaw)
- 1 box – Pilsbury pie crust (refrigerated)
- 1/2 lb – Ground beef or any substitute of your liking chicken etc
- 1 clove – Garlic
- 1 tbsp – Melted butter
- 1/2 – Medium Yellow onion
- 1/3 cup – chicken or beef broth
- Salt & pepper & any other seasoning you like
Ingredients For: Vodka Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup – Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp – Vodka
- 1 tbsp – white sugar
- 1/4 cup – shredded cheese
- Salt & Pepper for taste
Grab all ingredients for the crust & filling. Melt the butter and brush the inside of your muffin tin or use cooking spray (Pam). If you have non-stick muffin pans GREAT! So skip that step. Grab a cutting board or flat surface and unravel pie crust. Make 4-inch round cuttings which will be 6 circles from each pie crust. I don’t have a cuter so I used glass pyrex. Put dough in muffin tins, gently pulling the sides, and gently pushing it inside the muffin holes. Chop your onion, garlic, and brush more butter on the inside of the dough. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. I’m using homemade mashed potatoes I made from yesterday. I peeled, boiled, 6 Yukon gold, seasoned, and mixed in silk coconut milk. Mashed it all up with a fork and done. Make your mashed potatoes the way you know how from the directions on what your using. In a sauce pan: pour remainder of the melter butter in along w/garlic & onions. Season w/salt & pepper. Saute’ until tender and add meat. Season meat well w/salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like. Drain. Return back to heat, add beef broth , and stir in thawed vegetables. Allow flavors to meld together and turn off heat.
3. Spoon filling into muffin crusts, add mashed potatoes on top, and into the oven. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
4. Grab ingredients for: Vodka Cream sauce. In a small pot add heavy whipping cream, vodka, sugar, salt & pepper, and cheese. Using a fork to whisk: allow to simmer and taste to make any adjustments. Turn pot off and remove Shepard’s pies from the oven. Allow to cool for 2-5 minutes. Enough so your fingers won’t burn: using a pie knife or butter knife gently remove a mini pie. Plate your dish, pour some vodka sauce on top, and ENJOY!!