Let’s make dinner and I’m incorporating some new vegetables: Brussels Sprouts. I’ve never tried them, I’m mixing them w/other vegetables that I do like, and stuffing them into my fish 🙂 Feel free to make substitutions if you don’t like crabmeat or any of the vegetables I used.
- Fish of choice – (have the market or you can slice it yourself to create a pocket to add filling)
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil and optional butter to use on top of fish or to use for buttering baking dish
- Veggies of choice. I used: Brussels sprouts, fresh spinach (in bag), and mixed veggies that include asparagus-purple onion-mushroom
- Crab meat
- Crackers or breading
1) All ingredients: cut brussels sprouts in 1/2 or keep whole it’s your preference.
2) In a separate bowl add: veggies, crabmeat, crackers/breading, egg, and season to your liking. Mix Well and I made a 1/2 bowl worth of filling just enough to have as sides
3) Set filling mix aside. In a baking dish: Prepare fish as you would normally. I had my fish gutted so it has a pocket inside. Season both sides of fish.
4) Add filling inside of fish and all around to just use up the extras. Butter is OPTIONAL I always add butter on top of my fish and on my veggies. You can use the butter to moisten your baking dish if you like.
Wrap fish in foil and bake 375″ for 1hr 10min (depending on size of your fish)
DONE ENJOY YOUR DINNER!!